IMPACTS OF INVESTMENT
SVUDL is committed to changing lives through debate, training a generation of young leaders to make smart cool for their peers. This kind of impact takes a community of support. To make the change we envision, we need to raise $1.5 million of investments in 2016 and 2017:
MILESTONES OF INVESTMENT
Right now we have strong programs in partnership with five schools - we plan to add three more schools this fall, and six more schools ride the Wait List ready to launch in Fall 2017.
If we raise $700,000 in 2016, we can:
- Expand to 8 schools and grow by 50% at all founding schools
- Involve 350 students in debate in the 2016-17 school year
- Train 100 teachers to use SVUDL debate tools in their classrooms
If we raise $800,000 in 2017, we can make an even bigger impact:
- Add 2 new schools and grow by 25% more at all founding schools
- Involve 500 students in debate in the 2017-18 school year
- Train 100 more teachers to use SVUDL debate tools in their classrooms
CONCRETE RESULTS OF EACH INVESTMENT
- $50,000 – Team. Bring a school into the SVUDL family, enabling dozens more students to find their voice in a brand-new debate team.
- $25,000 – Summer Institute. Start the debate season off right with a week of rigorous, inspiring training for all students and teachers.
- $10,000 – Tournament. Host a SVUDL tournament where students from all our partner schools assemble to compete and achieve.
- $5,000 – Coach. Give a teacher the tools and training to maximize the skills and aspirations of their students.
- $2,500 – Workshop. Fund a Saturday Workshop where students gather to research and discuss the most important issues of the day.
- $1,000 – Debater. Cover a year’s programming for a single student, enabling them to research, advocate, graduate, and succeed.
In more than 30 struggling high schools across Silicon Valley, 30,000 students do not yet have the opportunity to find paths to success through debate. With your support, we can help thousands build the skills to lead.
Watch the 60 Minutes profile of urban debate programs in Atlanta, Newark and Baltimore that are changing lives and delivering dreams for thousands of students each year
You can help a student stay in school, graduate and join the next generation of leaders!
SVUDL is committed to changing lives through debate, training a generation of young leaders to make smart cool for their peers. This kind of impact takes a community of support. We welcome gifts of any amount – together we can make a difference! We deeply appreciate your support and thank you for your commitment to the youth.